Monday 31 January 2011

What I've done today... (31.01.11)

So after our meeting I started to make the 2D side of the set for our stopmotion, and also the letters A and R for the logo.
The set in general as far as we know will be set in an area with grassy hills with spots of dirt too.
One side of the set will be 3D, where the toy soldiers will mainly reside in and the other side will be 2D, where the sprites will mainly reside in.
Anyway without getting too involved in what the set will look like yet, here is what I sprited today. Click on the image for a better view.
As you can see (I hope) I made some basic tank traps that seem to look like they are made of wood. A palette change will probably fix this. I also made a bunker resembling the one from Saving Private Ryan. I then made the hills that will be in the background. The 3D side will probably have the hills actually carved out of something like foam or wood, but the 2D side will just be flat. I also made the layer that the sprites will actually walk on, which I'll probably just call the floor for now. So I then made two copies of the floor, one with just different shades of green in shapes of squares, and another where I have airbrushed over it with multiple shades of green to give that grassy texture feel.

Apart from the scenery stuff I also did the two letters for the logo. I also created W, even though it won't be used and the fact that its hard to create a W with 3x5 dimensions. Although the font I have created isn't finalised, it will probably look something like that but maybe with camouflage colouring.

Anyway that's all I have to say today so until next time.
Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment